Thursday 29 March 2012

Can you miss something you never had?

Someone asked me today if you can miss something you've never had? My answer: Of course.

I desperately miss Summer, I miss everything that I should be doing with her and everything that I should of done for the last 15 months. I was so excited when I was pregnant and I longed to be a Mummy and look after, nuture and do my upmost to be a good Mummy to our daughter and in the blink of an eye it was taken away in such tragic circumstances.

I am very aware of the saying 'Life goes on' and it does but as my life goes on with each day, with each chore, I'm aware I am missing out on being a Mum and that Summer was never given her chance at life.

Everytime I read or hear someone complaining about how hard it is with 2 or 3 children, how they have no money, no sleep, no clothes to fit, no summer holiday or how they hate their job, I want to scream the house down, however hard it is I wish that was all I had to complain about. Please don't moan about being tired, embrace how lucky you are to have your baby wake you up and all hours. I know people don't appreciate it though because unless something so tragic has happened to you or someone you love you will moan about these things.

So in short I terribly miss my daugher and miss being a Mummy even though I wasn't given the chance.

1 comment: