Monday 19 March 2012


Mothers Day Abseil

On Saturday I managed (just) to abseil from 150ft building in order to raise money for The Child Bereavement Charity.

My aim was to do something positive to mark my second Mothers Day without Summer, My target was to raised £500 and I managed to smash that target and raise an astonishing £2200!! People's generosity never ceases to amaze me and I am so grateful for every signle sponsor - this will go to a great cause to help people through the most difficult thing life throws at you.

On Mothers Day last year it passed without much notice which I was grateful for - however this year wasn't so kind, I think you mentally prepare yourself for the 'firsts' of everything so this year I assumed Mothers Day would again pass me by. I was so aware yesterday that she wasn't here, my mind was working over time and my imagination was running wild with all the things I dreamt to do with her. Why why wasn't she there to bring me flowers and make me cakes with her Daddy. All round it's an extremely difficult day for any bereaved mother.

So for another year Mothers Day is over so there is some rest bite until the next celebration our Wedding where Summer should be our flower girl

I love you more than ever Summer, your Mummy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment